HOLMDEL—The PNC Bank Arts Center has announced its 2012 concert series. Highlights include:
--The Beach Boys’ 50th Anniversary Tour, featuring all surviving original members for the first time in more than two decades, on June 27.
--July 13, marks the first time the Vans Warped Tour will play the PNC Bank Arts Center on its annual festival run.
--Kiss and Motley Crüe return to share a stage for the first time since 1982, performing Sept. 21.
In addition to this year’s lineup, various improvements have been made to enhance the overall concert experience, including early bird pricing on select shows, $4 beer, increased service, renovated restrooms and more.
Several newly announced performances will go on sale May 5 at 10 a.m.:
July 14: Dream Theater
July 25: Santana and The Allman Brothers Band
July 28: Joe Cocker and Huey Lewis and the News
Aug. 2: 311 and Slightly Stoopid
Aug. 4: System of a Down with Deftones
Aug. 19: Chicago and The Doobie Brothers
Aug. 21: Sublime with Rome with Cypress Hill and Pepper
The PNC Bank Arts Center box office will be open May 5 from 10 a.m. to4 p.m.
Box office hours are Tuesday through Friday, noon to 6 p.m., and Saturday, noon to 4 p.m., and are extended until 9 p.m. on all show nights. The box office is closed on Sunday and Monday unless there is a scheduled performance.
Tickets for the above mentioned shows at the PNC Bank Arts Center will be on sale May 5 at 10 a.m. at www.livenation.com, charge by phone at 800-745-3000, select Ticketmaster outlets, and at the venue box office. Early bird and special 4-pack pricing, as well as golden circle seating, will be available for select shows. All tickets are subject to applicable service charges. For more information, visit: www.artscenter.com
Here is the complete schedule so far. Unless otherwise indicated, tickets are now on sale.
May 11: Rob Zombie and Megadeth, Lacuna Coil, $39.50-$99.50
May 20: WKTU Presents KTUPHORIA, Pitbull & Flo Rida, Dev, Calvin Harris, Adam Lambert, Karmin, K’Naan, Havana Brown, Enrique Iglesias, $37.25-$150.50
June 12: Drake, J. Cole, Waka Flocka Flame, Meek Mill, 2 Chainz and French Montana, $39.75-$115.75
June 22: Demi Lovato, Hot Chelle Rae, $29.50-$85, on sale May 12 at 10 a.m.
June 23: James Taylor, $25-$85
June 27: The Beach Boys, $20-$150
June 29: Yanni, $20-$175
June 30: Stevie Nicks, $25-$125
July 6: Scorpions, Queensryche, $19.25-$59.25
July 13: Vans Warped Tour with All Time Low, Taking Back Sunday, Yellowcard, The Used, Four Year Strong, Pierce the Veil, New Found Glory, Breathe Carolina, more to be announced, $36.50 (general admission), $38 (reserved), $40 (day of show)
July 14: Dream Theater, $39.50-$99.50, on sale May 5 at 10 a.m.
July 21: Summerland Tour featuring Everclear, Sugar Ray, Gin Blossoms, Lit and Marcy Playground, $25-$59.50
July 25: Santana and The Allman Brothers Band, $35.35-$99.50, on sale May 5 at 10 a.m.
July 28: Joe Cocker and Huey Lewis & The News, $25-$125, on sale May 5 at 10 a.m.
Aug. 2: 311 and Slightly Stoopid, $30-$85, on sale May 5 at 10 a.m.
Aug. 4: System of a Down, Deftones, $36.25-$65, on sale May 5 at 10 a.m.
Aug. 17: Toby Keith, Brantley Gilbert, Thomas Rhett, $20-$74
Aug. 18: Big Time Rush, Cody Simpson, $20-$69.50
Aug. 19: Chicago and The Doobie Brothers, $21-$150.50, on sale May 5 at 10 a.m.
Aug. 21: Sublime with Rome, Cypress Hill, Pepper, $19.50-$65, on sale May 5 at 10 a.m.
Aug. 26: Kelly Clarkson and The Fray, Carolina Liar, $26.25-$85
Aug. 31: Jason Mraz, Christina Perri, $23-$65
Sept. 6: Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, $35-$63.75, on sale soon
Sept. 21: Kiss and Motley Crüe, $30-$151
More shows will be announced soon. Visit www.livenation.com for more information.
A service charge will be added to each ticket. A $6 facility/parking fee is also added. Date, time, ticket prices, and support acts are subject to change. For more information, call 732-203-2500.
Doors open 60 minutes before show time for each concert, unless otherwise noted. All dates, acts, show times and ticket prices are subject to change without notice. All events are rain or shine.
Here are 10 great things to enhance the concert experience at PNC Bank Arts Center this summer:
1. Early Bird Pricing. For select performances, limited tickets will be offered at a discounted price for the first weekend of sales only. These specially priced tickets are available for purchase online, via charge by phone, and will be available at the box office beginning May 5 at 10 a.m.
2. $4 12-ounce domestic draft beer.
3. Increased service. As part of ongoing efforts to reduce concession lines and increase service, PNC has increased the number of concession service areas.
4. Ticket deals. 4-Pack lawn and reserved offers are available on select shows. Groupon offers will be available on select shows. More information to be announced soon.
5. Value concessions. The value meal is back with a choice of a cheeseburger, hot dog or chicken tenders, with fries and a soda for a discounted combination price; and a 16-ounce soda/water or 24-ounce draft beer.
6) Venue improvements. The underground restrooms in the North and South Plaza have been upgraded to feature automatic toilets, sinks, and soap and towel dispensers. A Live Nation table has been added to the main plaza to provide convenient access to information on upcoming shows and the opportunity to enter to win tickets to upcoming events.
7. VIP enhancements. VIP Club members will enjoy enhanced menu options in their exclusive area, in addition to new furniture and upgraded restrooms.
8. The Live Nation Concert Calendar Facebook app launches May 2, enabling fans to share and connect with other fans, the artists they love and the shows they want to see. Live Nation is first to bring gamification and real-world rewards to concert-discovery and planning. Show recommendations are based on artists users “like” on Facebook, actions they take in the calendar, affinity artists, plus artists they're listening to on Spotify. To add the Concert Calendar Facebook App visit: http://on.fb.me/ConcertCalendar.
9. Live Nation’s iPhone app. The app exclusively sells tickets that stay on your phone and will allow you to enter Live Nation venues. The app will deliver set lists in real time, exclusive show content and more. The app will recommend shows based on a user’s current iTunes library, sending ticket alerts, pre sale codes, notification of tickets being released into the system, as well as the ability to buy tickets immediately and more.
10. “Summer’s Biggest Fan” is kicking off a season-long promotion May 11 in association with the opening night at PNC Bank Arts Center with Rob Zombie and Megadeth. This promotion will celebrate the music of the season and the fans who enjoy PNC Bank Arts Center by sharing their experiences this year to qualify to win prizes and memorabilia. For more information on “Summer’s Biggest Fan,” go to: www.facebook.com/pncbankartscenter, twitter.com/livenationnyc, and on Instagram @pncbankartscenter.